What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is the mobile networking app that was launched back in September 2011 and has since been on a steady rise to the top of the digital networking table, with a strong preference among teens and millennials.
Snapchat in Action
If you’re new to ‘Snapping,’ here’s a quick review of how the app works and how users like you and me are expected to communicate.
Snapchat essentially allows users to tell their stories by sharing photos and videos with their friends or followers. Users can then add doodles, captions, lenses or filters to their images or videos before sharing, either by adding it to ‘My Story’ to share with all your friends, or sending it directly to selected followers.
Here’s where it gets interesting – Snaps sent as individual messages can last up to 10 seconds, while photos and videos shared to your story have a shelf life of 24 hours.
Check out this great tutorial and Get Snapping!
More Snapchat tips and tricks you can try.
Snapchat Live Stories
Snapchat’s Live Stories – Country Features are just that, live posts by users featuring content about a specific country, that are curated and churned out into the general newsfeed. Users in the same geographic location can contribute to the Live Story thanks to the apps geo-fencing capabilities. Here’s how it works.
Snapchat Live Stories – Trinidad and Tobago
On November 17th, Snapchat gives local users in Trinidad and Tobago the chance to have their content featured as part of their Live Stories – Country Features initiative. It would be great if we could help the world understand a little more about our beautiful twin island nation by sharing positive content about Trinidad and Tobago.
#TeamCI is here to help our local Snapchatters do it! We’ve compiled some tips that can assist in getting the T&T story told. Check out our list of content ideas below and let’s get ready to Snap!
Snapchat Live Story Ideas
24 hours in T&T
- Cuisine – showcase local Trinbagonian foods (doubles, bake and shark, coconut bake and buljol, pelau)
- Places of interest – The temple by the sea, the pitch lake, Maracas beach, Pigeon point, Bucco Reef.
- Made in T&T – Local products (Angostura Bitters, LLB, Carib)
- Soca Warriors – Who’s going to the game T&T vs. USA? Snap, Snap Snap!
- Global Entrepreneurship Week – Check out the list of GEW events happening tomorrow, snap up the action if you’re attending any.
- Celebrities – Let’s showcase some of our local talent (Brian Lara, Machel, Keshorn)
- Culture – Snap up pics that showcase our diversity.
- Christmas – Show the world why a Trinibagonian Christmas is the best.
- Nightlife – where do we go to have fun after dark!
Let’s get Snapping!